Huge amounts of scientific information are available in the public domain.
Scientific and medical researchers and medical writers need to be able to access current reliable information in order to prepare good quality accurate documents.
The aim of this workshop is to enable you:
- to understand the scope and limitations of the different types of information sources
- to determine how and where to obtain the information
- to identify the most relevant and reliable information sources
- to develop effective search strategies
- to become confident in using general search engines such as Google Scholar effectively
- to become confident in using PubMed to search MEDLINE effectively including the use of advanced search techniques and Medical Subject Headings (MESH)