Course outline and learning outcomes
In the New Health, healthcare suppliers are no longer selling technology, they are selling health outcomes and value. Payers responsible for commissioning care on behalf of their citizens are primarily seeking better health, and are focused on carefully managing their budgets to bring greatest improvements for patients with a range of conditions.
A value-driven approach to product development is more likely to find favor with the new gatekeepers in European market access. Healthcare providers face the challenge of generating better outcomes in ageing populations while keeping spending in check. These pressures make them increasingly skeptical of new medicines, demanding evidence of safety, effectiveness and value in their specific patient population(s).
Therefore, it’s of increasing importance to learn how to prepare your market access strategy for the ever changing global healthcare market and understand the diverse payer landscape in order to develop a Market Access Plan that communicates value to stakeholders.
Who should attend:
CEO, Directors, Associate Directors, Senior Managers, Managers, Presidents, Vice-Presidents, Senior Consultants, Consultants, Professors in the following fields:
- Market Access
- Health Economics
- Business Development
- Commercial Pricing
- Medical Affairs
- Government Affairs
- Strategic Development
- Understand diversified Payers’ landscape
- EU Big 5 Health Care Systems: basics
- What Market Access is supposed to do
- Developing a Market Access plan (and tools)
- Price differentiation and price harmonization
- Development of a Value Story
- Negotiation skills: basics
- Health Economic tools top gain Market Access: a real-case example
- Real-life examples of negotiations with Health Authorities
- Wrap-up and Q&A
Type of training
The training is an interactive session where participants see a real case-study of a Global Launch in order to be prepared on the basics needs of a Market Access department.
By attending this course, participants will:
- Learn the basic tools and check-list for a Global Launch, from a Market Access perspective
- Grasp the full meaning of Market Access, its importance for optimizing product launches
- Learn to integrate market access concepts into clinical and brand marketing plans
- Have a good understanding of the differences across the healthcare systems in Europe (EU-5) with respect to enhancing market access for your brands
- Know how to develop a Market Access Plan
Gabriele Lazzeri, Corporate Pricing and Market Access Manager (P&MA) – Zambon
Gabriele Lazzeri is the Corporate Pricing and Market Access Manager (P&MA) in Zambon. He started his career as a pharmaceutical rep and moved into P&MA field in 2005. Before Zambon, Gabriele gained his professional experience in the P&MA field in GSK, Helsinn and Astra Zeneca in Local as well as Global positions. In addition, Gabriele spent almost 1 year in Brussels as Economic Affair Manager in EUCOMED, where he’d also the opportunity to work in close relation with the EU Commission. He holds a Pharm D from Florence University and a Master Degree in Pharmaco Economics and Health Care Policy from the Bocconi School of Business.