The EPI forum is a yearly event, with a different location in the major European towns, addressed to professionals with a deep interest in drug development, healthcare decision making, academia, and healthcare research, belonging to:
- Research and Development
- Real World Evidence (RWE)
- Medical Affairs
- Health Technology Assessment/Market access
- Medical Informatics
- Clinical Operations
- Regulatory Affairs
- Biostatistics and Data Management from the Pharmaceutical, Biotechnology and Medical Device companies, CROs, Universities/Hospitals, Academic Research, Patient Associations, and Healthcare Organisations.
New trends on epidemiological and observational studies are discussed, by leading experts that are carefully selected by the scientific board, during the EPI forum. The Scientific Board selects the topics to be covered, the speakers and the moderators.
The arguments treated in the 9 previous editions include:
- RWE studies
- Data mining on medical databases
- Pragmatic trials
- Methods to effectively design and conduct RWE studies in the different development phases of products and on different populations
- Regulatory point of view
- Patient’s involvement
- Data presentation and disclosure.
The EPI forum is organised and managed by LS Academy according to the code of good conduct, to ensure the higher scientific quality of contents. All participants (attendees, speakers, moderators) are asked not to promote any product or service. Only sponsors can promote their commercial activities and products in one-to-one and/or at booth meetings.
Furthermore, at the end of the EPI forum, all participants are asked to provide their feedback through ad-hoc questionnaires. The answers are carefully revised and analysed by LS Academy, together with speakers, moderators, and sponsors, to ensure the satisfaction of those that will attend future EPI forums.